Looking for my official website?!? Click on the collage above and it will take you there!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Showering Sara

SPRING IS HERE!!!
Officially, and hypothetically, that is... and this past weekend the REALITY of life in central Pennsylvania was even pretty SPRING-Y!  Finally!  Which is just one of the reasons that it was such a busy and special weekend...

As you may or may not know, I had a birthday on Friday.  Usually I am quite excited about birthdays.  About all holidays, really :)  But this year was a "BIG" (according to "THEM") birthday so I was a little apprehensive about it and all the surrounding hoopla...  Turning *30* was never on my list of Fun Things I'm Looking Forward to Doing but LUCKILY...
 My sweet family and friends, as always, made my day special and now that it's passed I realize it wasn't such a "BIG" deal after all - of course!! :)

Anyway, what is the point of this posting, you may be wondering?

WELL ~

My weekend was filled with all kinds of fun:  The First Day of Spring, a visit with my sister and brother-in-law (SEE PREVIOUS POST!), a delicious dinner at a darling Italian restaurant I'd never been to before, birthday gifts and cards of all kinds, AND (not least of all!) sharing in the *CELEBRATION* of a certain Bride-to-Be named Sara!
 I work with Sara's mom, Brenda, at Penn State, which is how I got asked to come be the photographer at this lovely First Day of Spring Bridal Shower!  But Sara and I have more than just her mom in common - we were actually born in the same year ... 1980!  Which means that I'm not the only one who's celebrating a "BIG" birthday this year...! :)

So in honor of Sara's impending nuptials *AND* of our "BIG" 30th birthdays this year... I have selected *30* photos from Sara's shower to share with you on the Blog!  Many more than usual, I know, but hey ... It was a special weekend for all of us!

THANKS for inviting me to the shower Brenda... I just love seeing Brides being celebrated by their family and friends!  ENJOY!!!

BALLOONS = FUN!


Getting set up...


The GORGEOUS flowers ~ courtesy of the Aunt of the Bride!


Here comes the Bride...!!!


THE CANDY ~ Pennsylvania K-I-S-S-E-S and handmade mints by Brenda! :)
Sara & Brenda
Bride & Mom-of-the-Bride!


These three lovely ladies are SISTERS!
(The sister in the middle is the Grandmother of the Bride!)


WHAT A CUTIE!!! :)


~~~It's party time!~~~


Assorted Bridal-Themed Games


The Littlest Guests :)

~~~


~~~

Beautiful Guests!


IT'S PRESENT TIME!!!


Sara is apparently a *GREAT* cook and she got so much fun kitchen stuff at her shower!
(Look at that sparkly engagement ring ~ so pretty!!)




INTRODUCING: THE GROOM!!!
The lucky guy stopped by at the end of the shower to help His Lovely Bride pack up all their LOOT!


Saying their goodbyes ~

~~~
Congratulations Sara & Brian!
~~~
As Shakespeare said, "Now join your hands; and with your hands, your hearts..."
~~~
HAPPY WEDDING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment